Friday, October 5, 2012


"Tommy Turkey"

We just did this cute Tommy Turkey for my monthly craft club project, we had lots of fun!
The following products were used to create this card.

  • Craft Paper card stock for the actual card found at Michael's Craft Store
  • Jim Holtz Bubble and Honeycomb embossing folder for the "chicken wire" effect
  • For the head of the Turkey, beak and the turkey hanging thingy (snood) I used patterns from Treasure Box Designs Fall collection
  • Feathers I had cut in to make look like feathers and used various Fall colors
  • On the feathers I used Cuttlebug embossing folder Swirls
  • For the butt feathers I used the Stampin Up Scallop Circle punch
  • Turkeys body I used the SU extra large oval punch
  • Turkeys stomach I used SU  large oval punch
  • Turkeys eyes I used SU 1/2 circle punch for the Itty Bitty shapes  for whites, pupils, and lids
  • white paint for the dots on the eyes
  • SU small heart punch for the turkeys heart
  • SU build a bird punch for the wings of the turkey
  • Marvey flower paper punch for the hair
  • SU Modern label for the "Eat Ham" saying
  • SU designer label punch for my "Gobble Gobble" saying
  • SU Bo Ho Blossoms for the feet
  • I always edge everything with color just a couple shades darker than my actual paper

2 comments:

  1. Valarie this turkey is so adorable, I love the embossed feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robin, we had so much fun making this project. I haven't had too much time to blog but I try to get what projects I present to my craft club on my blog. I still can't get Treasure Box Designs added to my favorites that I follow =( Let me know if you can try and get that added to my blog. I should be adding more stuff soon. Hope all is well with you, I wish you and your family Happy Holidays =)
    Val

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!