Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This is my first blog post! I wanted to upload a picture of the "Make and Take" project of "Scarecrow Sal". We had lots of fun making this cute Scarecrow card to get us in the mood for fall. I live in Las Vegas so I am ready for the fall, we have had enough of the heat!

"SCARECROW SAL"
by Val Malone

The following items were used to design this adorable Scarecrow Card
  •  Recollections Pre-Packaged A6 Kraft Card shaded with Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust
  •  Recollections Sunflower sticker and shaded it with SU craft spots in Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust.
  • Inks used: SU Craft Spots in "Pumpkin Pie", "Really Rust" and "Apricot Appeal".
  • Papers used for this project are the following: The background paper for the look of chicken wire behind Sal is from Studio Calico Design "Tiny Hex", For Sal's face I used Recollections cardstock no color name was listed on the back but does have a yellow tint to it (item#99256), For the Hat I used Recollections "Photo Burlap" ( I tried to use real Burlap and it was a mess), Bandana paper was Making Memories 12x12 Waving Skeleton Toil & Trouble ( I used about 1 1/2 inces for bandana tip). I shaded all paper used for this project even the card.
  • Paper Punches used: SU 2 inch circle punch for the face, whites of the eyes and eye lids (cut in half) I used SU 1/2 circle punch, for the pupils I used the SU Itty Bitty circle punch, for the nose I used SU word punch and re-punched it for a smaller size, Bandana SU 1/2 circle punch, the wing from the SU bird builder punch, SU Modern Label punch for the "Happy Harvest" wording which I printed on my computer.
  • Pop-Ups used on the eyes and the nose, Crinkled paper for the hair and Halloween ribbon for the hat.Dark yellow or orange cardstock for the brim on hat to give color.
  • The hat was hand cut and I have the pattern and will add to the template button on my blog
  • Sharpie super fine for the mouth, eyelashes, and I did end up putting stiches on the eye lids and nose, white paint for the dots of the eyes using a stylus.
I hope you have as much fun as we did making this card! Enjoy



3 comments:

  1. This scarecrow is so adorable... he doesn't scare me he is too cute! Love the burlap looking hat! So fun to see your first post... welcome to the blogging world, you will find so many new friends here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robin, not sure if I got this right but at least something is on there now. Going to work on the tabs, I tried to changed a tab name but it didn't let me.I'll send an email to ya! Thanks again Robin for my beautiful blog and all your help. It's refreshing to know there are people out there that are willing to help people like me get started! I thank you so much =) Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun & adorable card! Thank you for sharing the directions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!